The sky was beautiful last night. First raspberry, changing into soft orange then fire red. I just wait, keep waiting… Bruised purple with dark gray tips. February is not usually this kind to us. As I look at the beautiful sky I think about the garden. I think about the soft oranges and yellows of spring. Primroses in colors of the sunset with the still dark gray of decayed birch leaves behind. Why do I think of the garden when I see the sky?
It is what inspires me.
Here are other things that inspire me right now.
- New vegetable seeds with amazing contrasting leaves. Purple carrots, Black tomatoes, Rainbow chard, and even white tomatoes.
- Planting a hedgerow with native plants mixed with fruits and early bloomers for bees.
- Hellebores and ferns competing to see which curled shoot can beat the other one to the sun.
- Tibochiana and clivia blooming in the greenhouse reminding me of coming spring.
- An amazing meadow with one piece of art surronded by an ever changing tapestry of plantings.
- A childs garden with a muddy frog pond, log stump steps and maze through grasses.
The Red Butte Botanical Garden in Utah has a great children’s garden. Even in the winter time there was much to see, here’s what I found…
What inspires you? I’m so excited to plan, plant, and enjoy! Let the Gardening begin.